Fuel Petcock Hose

jlearning1

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone I have a 1980 Yamaha XS400SG

I have a small question. I have purchased a new Fuel Petcock for my bike. Here is the problem I am having. The nipple on the petcock for the fuel line to carb is facing towards the engine. My old petcock nipple is facing downward. Is there a special fuel hose I must purchase for this to work? The fuel hose I have on there is crimping and will not let fuel flow to the carbs. Is there an elbow or something I can purchase?

Thanks

This is the OEM Part Number that I purchased (3X8-24500-00-00) Fuel Cock Assy 1

Mine does that too. I just run the line over the carbs and down into the banjo, with the banjo pointing slightly towards the seat at about a 20 degree angle

Does it have to be a special fuel line, or can I just get some fuel line from an autoparts store?

Thanks

I use clear or translucent hose so you can see through it and see if you have fuel in the line,in the case of lost suction on the line from the carb boots.Besides,I like the look,and plastic is more resistant to gasahol. lha

Where can you buy translucent hose from?

Thanks
You can get it at Dime City Cycles,just Google it.There are many others that sell it.I know that Dime City has it,and maybe O'reilly's,my local store has it in the small engine section,1/4". lha

Back