Haloo from Bulgaria and 1st question

mincho

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hallo dear xs 400 friends
I resentry bought a xs 400 2a2 and now i am truing to rebuild it-it is in not too good shape.
Here in BG this king of bikes are hard to find and now there is one xs 400 but it is from 1989 year and i am wondering are the parts exchangeble with my 2a2 model.
Ofcourse i google and the bikes look quite different ,but it is the frame that is different i think.
I am interested in the handelbar gadgets,the carb conectors/that connects carbs to the enjine/,the peacock and some other basic staf.
What about the front end ,the brakes/brake caliper,brake liquid holding tank/ and enjine parts?:wtf::confused:
Well thanks in advance and i know that here i will have some answears from what i have read so far.
Sorry if my topic is in the wrong place
All good to all of you:thumbsup:
if there is a pic this is model of xs 400 bike that is beeing sold on parts/not the actual bike thought :))
p.s. sorry fot my enlish been while since i havent practice it and it is not my mother language you know:)

Attachments

• 14085_0_1_4_xs 400 dohc_For Caboose365.jpg
    14085_0_1_4_xs 400 dohc_For Caboose365.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Hi Haloo, welcome and good luck with your new project! As for the xs400 from 1989 you are wondering about, sorry to break the news to you but not much is interchangable with that bike and yours. I wouldnt bother buying it as a parts bike, you would be wasting your time and money. You need another SOHC model to take parts off! (the 1989 is a DOHC model) Imo you should save your money and wait for another SOHC model like yours to pop up. There seems to be lots of stuff in germany, maybe worth looking into? Hope this helps my friend:)

Thank you for your fast reply Greesy Fingers.
I understand after i posted my post that the engines are different.
I was wondering mainly about the handlebar controers and the peacok.
But i will talk withthe seller and find out.
Thanks again.

this is germany speaking... :D

Hi Mincho,
if you just need parts, why don't you try to find them at the "marketplace"? And there is also a marketplace at the german forum (www.xs400.de, most of the people will understand english).

thank you for your advice Lupe.Will check the german forum.
I recieved some pic today from the person selling the parts and it seems that the carburator rubers are the same/i will measure them tomorow,and the gasolin peakoc is the same.
But any way thak you all.
You didnt disapointed me at all - i knew that i will get precious info here.
All good to all of you ,and hope some day to start a build treat:)

What's wrong with the petcock? (Peacock is a bird with pretty tail feathers :D ) If it leaks, you might be better off seeing if you can order a rebuild kit. Otherwise you will still have old rubber that might fail soon. Same goes for carburetor holders (they are also called intake manifolds).

What's wrong with the petcock? (Peacock is a bird with pretty tail feathers :D ) If it leaks, you might be better off seeing if you can order a rebuild kit. Otherwise you will still have old rubber that might fail soon. Same goes for carburetor holders (they are also called intake manifolds).

Thanks.It look like my petcock i s different from the ones that i sow here in the rebuildind tread .
I am expecting this one to be like the one that are here so i can order rebuilding kit eventually.
Well as for the intake manifolds :) will see about them
Thank you for your patience-it must be hard for you reading my savages words:)))

I am out hunting right now. When I get back to my computer I will try to not forget to check on that for you, I might have a source for your kit.

And don't worry about English. Not my first language either. :)

Hi JPaganel,i have lived in Minneapolis fo about 1,5 year -great city-liked most the ireish pubs and bufalo wings:))))and pizza!!!
Thank you in advance!

Small world. :)

I've never been to Bulgaria, but my grandparents have. I've been thinking of maybe taking a vacation there some time.

I'm not sure what a 2A2 is. What year is it?

wecome to BG:)It is nice:)
I belive it is 78 ot 79.xs model.Not shure thepaper said 81 but not trusting them.This is the number that is on the frame.

If there is a disk brake on the rear wheel it is from 77 or 78. It then has the 11 liter gas tank.
From 79 to 82 the 2A2 had a drum brake on the rear wheel and a 16 liter gas tank.

1978:
main.php

1980:
main.php

Somrthing else... :D
main.php

Lupe,thanks a lot man for clearing things out for me!
Now i know for shure the year of production.
Btw i am going to try to fabrecate a handlebar by myself-buin 22mm steel tube and bend it a little/want a drag bar/
The problem is i dont know how to exchange the trottle and the left grip-have to check here in the forum how is done:))
People you are great!!
I enjoy you verry much/in the good way/
All good to all of you

Hi people
i am looking for one treat taht a petcock is repeard.It was done verry nice.I cant fid it!
Somone have ideas?

halo
do U think this petcock will fit my xs 400 '81 year
petcock1982.JPG
it came out a xs 400 but 82..?
thank U in advance!!!
:D

In 82 there were three different XS400 bikes. They used two different kinds of fuel cock. The one in the pic will fit a 400J and a 400RJ, but not a 400SJ.

Looks like in 81 there was only a 400SH, which had the same tank and petcock as the SJ. So, that one will not fit.

You can go to this site to find this stuff out: http://yamahapartshouse.com/ They have a parts catalog with pictures.

Back