Has any one ever put an R6 engine on a xs?

Never heard of anything like that, and it is obvious why: probably too little room for such an engine, ridiculous amounts of strain on a frame that is not built for it. If you conisder all the work and costs of such a project it would be easier/cheaper/a better ride to buy a proper r6

That's a pretty cool idea.
The thing i have trouble wrapping my head around would be the width and the radiator placement. An R6 is a cylinder wider on each side throwing off your alignment between the front and rear sprockets. It'd be cool if you could fab something off like an offset rear sprocket with a wider rear wheel and swingarm. Room for the radiator frame might be difficult as well unless you want to increase the rake and fit the radiator in front of the frame.
My other issue would probably be all about cylinder head clearance and just how many other parts you'd have to interchange and where to get it to run properly.
Love to see what solutions can be found!

Nice idea, however r6 has way too much torque to comprehend with this little frame and you'll be ending up making huge reinforcements (not so sure about yamaha's frames but there are many pictures of little hondas with cracked frames, mainly because of the age of these bikes and the inquality factory welds.) This means you basically need to start from scratch after all.

Never heard of anything like that, and it is obvious why: probably too little room for such an engine, ridiculous amounts of strain on a frame that is not built for it. If you conisder all the work and costs of such a project it would be easier/cheaper/a better ride to buy a proper r6

or you could go with a remanufactured title and build a frame.if where you live is anything like new york state,make sure you save ALL your reciets

Back