Hello from Poland

Yup, my carb manifolds were choked too...I have them fully opened now...but my bike is still not a runner...so it's impossible to tell what is the difference

Today I wanted to put labels on painted elements. So I had to check whether bottom edge of fuel tank is laying flat when on a bike. Of course not - about 2 cm higher at the front.
Here is bike with painted fuel tank. And both mirrors - last time i couldn't screw in one, cause thread in aluminum holder was broken. I had to buy M10x1,25 tool (I have a set of standard ones with M10x1,5, which of course couldn't fit). Looks far more pretty than before! After full assembly the only pain in the ass will be the seat...

s800

And here elements with labels:

s800

Tomorrow I'll clean carbs & wait for new inlet stubs. There's a chance that I get them on Thursday as well.
Keep your fingers crossed - next morning I'm going to get registering plate! Bike was bought in Germany in 2003 by PO, which didn't register it in Poland. So it will be more than 10 years, when this motorcycle was "legally" hitting the road! :bike: The problem is that our clerks are usually trying to make your life more difficult than being helpful. Bike was bought when Poland was not in UE, so different papers were needed. Now, since situation looks a little bit different, I'll need their positive attitude. Otherwise I'll have troubles to do it quick & without extra costs :(

It sounds like Murphy's Law :wtf:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and Parkinson's Law :banghead:
. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . both translate well into Polish and are alive and flourishing there. Sorry, :shrug:

As to your problems with the EUPPP (policies, procedures and paperwork) - it could be worse. At least you have not been annexed by Putin.

Best of luck Friday morning :thumbsup:

...and of course troubles.
I need to get a paper that was missing from the registration office from Germany :doh: Otherwise I can sell this bike for the parts :banghead:
Good that I have some friends there - I asked them to call there & get to know how I could arrange this. Will know something more tomorrow. So - don't loosen your fingers guys! Keep them x-ed! :wink2:

Since I do not allow myself to think that I'll not solve paper issues, today I have cleaned carbs. One of the pilot jets was plunged by dirt. New inlet stubs have arrived, so I was able to build bike up completely & take a short ride! :D :bike:
This is how it looks like now (only sit is not allowing me to be 100% satisfied from the look, but it WILL BE fixed as well - just not now)!

s800

s800

But I still have problem with engine work. :wtf: Still does not want to iddle nice & reacts for the throttle reduction very slowly. All holes in the carbs clear. New inlet stubs. Air filter ok. Diaphgrams also new. Any other hint?
My thinking is that something is wrong with slides under diaphgrams. When I raised them with my finger, they go down slowly. Shouldn't they drop quickly? Maybe the spring is too worn?:confused:

Yes, synced using U-pipe method. But even if they would not be synced perfectly - it shouldn't have so big influence. The bike sometimes goes up to 4kRPM and holds that for about 10 seconds, then goes down slowly. When I hit the throttle & release it, it goes down slowly. Something is wrong & I still didn't figure it out.
Other idea - maybe I have mixed the slides between carbs, & since they worked in different places, they do not fit as they should? :confused: I'll try to switch them & see what will happen...
Last idea is to play with needle position. It is combined with mid-range RPMs, right?

Out of synced carbs even a little will have a great effect on how the bike runs. Your needle jets are for the mid range only. You are having a idle issue. Make sure the slides are the same and are not rubbing in the bores. What pilot jets are you using and how many turns out are you on the idle mix screws?

Jet sizes - forgot to write down :/
Mix screws - two turns.
Regarding slides - when I push them up it takes about 2 seconds to fall down completely, but the move is quite smooth. Is it normal?

That is normal for slides. Try 3 turns out and see if that helps. If not go 4 turns.

Back