Honestly, who rides has Mirrors installed

Two mirrors here, large ones from JCWhitney.

Used to ride with one but as said above, gets annoying.

Also, in MA you need to have a left mirror.

I have one on the left because here in ND you have to have at least one and it needs to be on the left side. Doesn't do much good because I can usually only see my arm and shoulder, but have been thinking of switching it to a bar end mirror as well. The mirror I have on there is chrome mirror off of my 82 kawasaki CSR 750.

Don't you need 2 mirrors in BC?

On my CBR600 the mirrors are pretty useless - I mostly just see my upper arm and shoulder. Only time I use them is when I'm stopped at a light to watch traffic behind me and make sure I'm not gonna get taken up the ass.

If your bike/car comes with 2, you cannot remove one. Kinda like how on a car if it comes with a 3rd brake light, you can't just take it off. Some cars only come with one mirror though.

I fully agree though, mirrors are only used for looking behind you sitting at / coming to a traffic light. Your head should always be on a swivel

Bar end mirrors; couldn't live without them. Only one is required, but I have two.

A friend of mine pulled all of his mirrors off and the cops have not noticed or cared. They really just need to be on to pass inspection.

Ive got a single napoleon on the left. I always turn my head but that mirror is indispensable for seeing whos coming up on you. I feel kinda naked without it.

Both OEM's on my xs, but only 1 on the left on my CB bobber and I'll admit, havis two when passing/merging is essential imho.

no mirrors on my XS for me. It is such an upright riding position I have no bother looking behind me when riding, and as some have said.... with most mirrors you normally only see your elbows or vibrations in the reflection anyhows :)

Snapped my right one off trying my hand at a dirt lot peel out....bit it like an episode of Jackass, anyway in the Los Angeles traffic that right rear saves your life about 9 times a ride. People try to shoot past you on the right and don't count on you merging or sliding around stopped cars. I can't really see why you'd run without them unless you ride in unpopulated areas...

no mirrors on my XS for me. It is such an upright riding position I have no bother looking behind me when riding, and as some have said.... with most mirrors you normally only see your elbows or vibrations in the reflection anyhows :)

I have a bar end mirror on my tracker, suits the bike and its convex so you can see a lot behind you

ty for the tip, I used cycle mirrors on my Husky Supermoto (and they are now on my Ducati Streetfighter too) which although small worked better than the std mirrors. Having an open face lid really helps with the looking behind me as there is no chin piece to bash into my shoulder :)

25062010220.jpg

Back