How do you route your fuel line and filter?

Greasey Fingers

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just been looking at the best way to route my inline fuel filter. No much room between petcock and carb really, whats the best way or is there a few ways to go? Don't wanna a kink but also don't want the line to have to go down to far and back up fighting gravity or is that not an issue? A photo would be cool of your set up for ideas :) This will be helpful for others too I'm sure :thumbsup:

I always use the wire clamps, they are a pain for sizing though depending on the thickness of the fuel pipe

Here's how I've set mine up with a straight filter. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 417
nice one zaphoid ill probs do that for now cause I have a straight one too, I guess cause they are vacuum carbs it doesn't matter if it has to go up as its getting sucked through. Just need to angle my carb fitting down like yours.

The fuel is still gravity fed :wink2: A direct route is the best way to run the line.

This is how I route the 79 with a stock petcock. The other is how I route the other three bikes with the xs360 carbs and mikesxs manual petcock. Make sure to use ethanol resistant line.

Attachments

• DSC03087.jpg
    DSC03087.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC03094.jpg
    DSC03094.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 725
In the one pic with the green fuel line, I use a similar tygon fuel line.
I used a tip from another guy on how to clamp this type hose. Cut the hose to the length you need, now on the extra hose cut two pieces about 1/4 inch wide. It's tough but slide these short pieces on the ends of the hose you are going to use. These short pieces work as clamps. Works very well and is a much cleaner look.
On the flow, if you have to let the line droop down the weight of the fuel in the tank and extra line will counter the effect of gravity.
Leo

I think the 90 deg filter with clear fuel line works great, plus you can see if you are having flow issues by just looking at it.

No. It's very flexable. I get it at my local yamaha dealer. It is meant for bikes.

I used a tip from another guy on how to clamp this type hose. Cut the hose to the length you need, now on the extra hose cut two pieces about 1/4 inch wide. It's tough but slide these short pieces on the ends of the hose you are going to use. These short pieces work as clamps. Works very well and is a much cleaner look.

I did my fuel line, used this tip its awesome cheers leo :thumbsup:

Back