Maxxis tires? + what size do I need?:)

overpl

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
First of all I'd like to ask you guys did you ever tried Maxxis tires - or maybe you have heard sth about them.

Local dealer where I have huge discounts told me that they are gr8 and in quite nice price - about 88$ front and sth like that rear (before discount)

I have XS 400 dohc as you may know ;) 18'' rims, and in manual they say that I need 3.00-18 front and 4.10-18 rear - honestly in Poland we use system like 90/90-18, 100/90-18 etc.. And there are many different answears how to accurate choose right replacement - because there is not much to choose from in inches dimensions..

I've figure that I need 90/90-18 front, and 110/90-18 rear - Am I right?

no experience with Maxxis, unfortunately. I have Continental ContiGo tires at the moment, cheap but they don't look great. Looking back I should have been slightly more picky and chosen a nicer looking thread.

I think you're correct with the sizes though

And what about tubes for them? They need to be 90/90-18 tubes and 110/90 or 3.00 and 4.10 ?

Got:

Shinko 712 Rear Tire - 130/90H-16/--
and
Shinko 777 Front Tire - 100/90-19/--

I think they are great! Got them from amazon.com
For me, they grip well rain, or shine.

And they were the least expensive I had come across.Good Read somewhere they are the most popular tire in the US.

Don't know what was on the bike before, but probably originals, dry rotted and worn from having been under inflated, they slipped in the rain, and didn't know till I got the front tire replaced that was what made it difficult to ride at high speeds, it was like wobbely, nasty! Hope this helps, if you haven't made you decision yet.

That is actually not true:p there are 18'' tubes in different sizes and although rubber is rubber so they will fit in in most cases - but I cannot put 1.25 tube on 3.00 tire;-)

I'm done with tires problem - I've bought maxxis promaxx and they are fine - tubes have sizes "from" - "to" so just need to fit in range of your tires.

cheers.

That is actually not true:p there are 18'' tubes in different sizes and although rubber is rubber so they will fit in in most cases - but I cannot put 1.25 tube on 3.00 tire;-)

True. But I don't think anyone is running a 1.25 tire on there motorcycle:laugh:

Back