NEED HELP! Height to fit the bike comfortably

DaDoni

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello xs400.com forum,
bevore introducing me to you, I really need your help:
I want to purchase my first bike this weekend and need to know whether the xs400 is big enough for me.
I am 1,95 cm (6'4") and I have to that date no opportunity to test-sit the bike.
So I wanted to ask you for help. Has someone in the forum a similar height and can tell me his expieriences with the bike. I don´t want to make big journeys, but it would be nice, if I could handle them without hurting my back. :)
Thanks for your help!
DaDoni

Hello & Welcome to the forum. I am 6'4" at 250 lbs and I do fit on my bike. I don't think it would be too uncomfortable for me on moderately long rides about 100 miles or so. My bike is the stock ride height & stock seat with a tracker type handle bar. I think the stock pull back type bars would get uncomfortable for guys our size. You will find that you will almost sit on the passenger section of the seat if it is similar to my seat. I'm in the process of changing the contour of my seat to accommodate my needs. These are a fun little getting around type bike and I think you'd enjoy riding it. Hope I helped!!

Thank you for the reply, for a moment I got a little bit nervous because of all these "you are too big for that bike" posts in other forums.
I hope the bike I´m looking for is in decent condition so I will purchase it!:bow2:

I'm 6'0" with an all stock '79 and I fit just fine. I tend to sit at the rear of the drivers seat with the ~12" rise factory bars. I plan to get a set of mx bike style bars so I can stretch my arms out a bit and lean forward a touch for comfort. That and I learned on mx bikes, so it is more familiar for me to grip them.

Back