new member from Cleveland

MjrYam

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Super new to the community. Look forward too see what owning an XS400 is all about. I just sold a CB 750 to purchase the xs400. I can't wait to get it out for a ride.

Welcome! of course we love to see pictures ;) What model is it?

if you hadn't found it already, here's a good place to start

Pic on the way. I don't even pick up the bike (XS 400) until this afternoon. Its in great shape. All original. The first mod will be to change out the handle bars!!

Im looking for something that does not sweep in as much. Something a bit straighter. Not sure exactly what type that would be called.

welcome! any projects to come from your xs or are you just going to ride it the way it is? well minus the handle bars you said you want to change already lol

Ride Ride Ride! My plan is to get as much seat time as possible with as little wrench time as possible. At least for the first year or two. Then i want to turn it over to my son. I would love to have a project bike but just too busy.

I think you would be looking for the same type of bars as me. I am looking at getting Euro Bars, or possible Superbike Bars..

They see fairly close, 3" rise and similar width, but eurobike bars have more sweep (far less the stock, but more then Superbike bars - which seem to have almost none)

WooHoo. Just picked up my new toy!! She rode beautifully all the way home(1/2 mile). I will need a front tire before i do any serious trips. Do any of you guys buy tires on line or just go to the local bike shop?

Motorcycle-superstore is great free shipping over $90 is a plus.

Shinko 712's and Kenda K657 Challenger's are good and cheap

I have bars like this, which I can recommend. Love the riding position, just a little more active and leaned in than the stock bars but still comfortable for longer rides

mxJrQQeKEcj8T4k-b3GGj4g.jpg

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know where you purchased them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
what? if you're asking where to get them you should try ebay, or any motorbike parts shop really. Just make sure it's the right thickness bars, if they're the same thickness they should swap easily.

Back