Petcock options? ('82 Maxim)

GenusHomo

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket petcock that may be cheaper than the $25+ rebuild kit.

Mine is dripping from both holes depending on which one I plug and I think I'd rather just have an on/off/manual petcock and plug the vacuum off.

Any problems with runability if I get rid of the vacuum fuel delivery?

I already have an inline filter, so whatever is cheap and basic, but reliable, works for me.

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket petcock that may be cheaper than the $25+ rebuild kit.

Mine is dripping from both holes depending on which one I plug and I think I'd rather just have an on/off/manual petcock and plug the vacuum off.

Any problems with runability if I get rid of the vacuum fuel delivery?

I already have an inline filter, so whatever is cheap and basic, but reliable, works for me.

Do you mean holes that mount the petcock to the tank??? There should be fiber washer's which I got along with the oval rubber ring from my yamie dealer for a few buck's

my 2 cent's

No, they're sealed, I was talking about the vacuum line and gas line dripping depending on which one I plug.

I found a rebuild kit for $15 shipped, hopefully those diaphragms don't go out often.

Still wouldn't mind knowing about some alternatives or hearing what folks may have fabricated in place of the original petcock.

You're welcome. I never had any luck searching with the window on the top right of the page, however, I have found that the custom search (top left) is very good if you give it 2 or more words. It can often zero right in.

Back