pinlock visor is great

willem

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So I recently got a Pinlock addition onto my visor for my full-faced helmet

it looks like this

shoei_pinlock_visor_zps420f4a21.jpg

and I just wanted to share how great it has been for my riding pleasure. I have a full-face helmet because it's safer and warmer, but I was always struggling with the visor either being up and getting crap in my eyes (not to mention crying like a baby in the wind), wearing uncomfortable glasses under my helmet (and still crying) or having to flip my visor up and down every time. While riding at 30+ mph it didn't fog up, but at every traffic light I went blind because my visor fogged up.

Now I have this pinlock (it's like double glazing for your visor) I have never had it ever again. I can keep my visor down, I'm not crying and not going blind. Happy days :) And it only cost me 26 euros! I can see around the edges (where there's no pinlock) how my visor would have looked without it, and it's a world of difference.

Didn't want you guys to miss out on this, I guarantee you I have no stock in Pinlock, nor are they paying me to say this :laugh:

Oh yea I wanted to add: My visor had pre-made holes in it especially for Pinlock systems. But the people at the shop said they can add it to just about any helmet, since they have a special drill for adding those holes. Also I have tried the anti-fog spray in the past but it never lasts and often distorts or blurs your vision.

Only thing I don't like about my pinlock is the top of it obscures your vision when your head is down.

I do a lot of filtering through traffic at low speed though so the trade off is acceptable.

Thanks for the review! I've been seriously considering getting a pinlock visor for my helmet. Looking at the thick fog outside this morning after reading your review has made up my mind. Hopefully, once I get the new visor, keeping the visor closed will also keep my glasses warm and fog free.

"Everything old is new again" :laugh:

Reminds me of my Mum's '56 VW.
Every fall we had to buy a set of clear plastic stick-on "windows" with a thin layer of peel-and-stick adhesive all around the outer edge.
These were then stuck onto the inside of the Windshield and the side and rear windows.

That way, we only had to scrape frost off the unprotected parts of the windows.

The poor(er)-man's solution:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KPU33Q/ref=asc_df_B008KPU33Q2737275?smid=A326NK1SJSXOX7&tag=nextagusmp0399883-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B008KPU33Q

my helmet came with the pinlock install. I absolutely love it. Just be careful you don't scratch the inner shield or else the glare and reflection from ANY light will really make it difficult to see. Not to mention it will end up fogging again.

Back