rear brake pivot?

chrispunk

XS400 Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im chris. i picked up an xs250se non runner the other month. im working on it in a friends workshop here in london. both brakes are pretty screwed but after hours wasted trying to get the rear pivot unseized ive reached the point where i think im just going to have to drill it out. what i was hoping you could help me with is what other models pivots would fit mine?

thanks

Yar, post a photo so we know exactly what you're doing. We might be able to come up with a way to get it off.

im not back in the uk till next month so i cant take a picture of mine but i found one of a similar part. i sprayed it with some stuff called plusgas which is like a penetrating oil for weeks, tried heating it with a blowtorch and beat the crap out of it with no luck. to top it off ive ended up mushrooming the end of it a bit.
1330631690_3423.JPG

right that the rear brake lever pivot.
this is going to scrap it, but you have no choice;

try and weld a long bar on the end, this will a) heat the bugger up and loosen rust b) got a nice long leverage bargaining tool

let it cool and heat the surrounding frame where its at (i'd take off the rear M/C first)

get wiggling, as soon as it starts to move spray some plus gas in there and wiggle some more.

when it moves freely cut off the end and hammer through.

Back