Resistance readings

Campbell, how'd you bypass it. Did you add positive to the green wire going back into the loom? or on the regulator. I tried this and didn't get it to work.

I dont think it really matters which ones you add power too since theres only two wires coming from the field winding. But I gave power to brown and grounded green.

Also has anyone tried summit racings regulator/rectifier for the xs400?

I'd rather buy from electrexworld but for some reason it keeps declining me when confirming?

I think if you have a green and brown wire coming out of your coil we have different setups. Mine are green and black. I will try both.

Well instead of buying a $100 I went to our local cycle re-cycle and got a used regulator. Put it on and still got 12.25 volts.

The problem is I think its working.. before starting it up I was at 12.03 volts and then at idle 12.20 then giving it some gas 12.25 - 12.35 volts

The gains are very minimal but they are there. I've cleaned all the terminals so I'm not sure what to do now...

I have a feeling if I buy a new regulator I will be seeing the exact same results but I know the problem is within the field windings not getting power because if I bypass It I get 16 volts easily.

Fixed!!

Replaced the electronic regulator with the old style resistor type from a honda cb 350-550 regulator

Charging like a champ now!

Great! Where'd you find a cb 550 regulator on such short notice?

They're the same system, as you figured out. Someone swiped the other one's design, pretty much.

Back