Right Control Switch?

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

First and Foremost, happy 4th! Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I can purchase a Right Control Switch for my 1982 xs400 s. My current one seems to have a problem of a short somewhere and everytime I push the electric start it happens to work once in a great while. Just want to purchase a new one so I don't have to dick around with the switch all the time. Any idea what online store I can check them out at? I've tried Dime City but it looks to me majority of the control switches they carry are the left control switches and many of them don't have the same end (female piece) for their wires as the 1982 xs. Anything would greatly help, thanks!

Best,

Mikey

Are you looking to replace the entire right-hand control unit? Because the issue with that on an XS400 is that the throttle is integral to the control box, so unless you get another XS400 unit you'll need to replace your throttle too. Before you buy anything, pull the unit off and make sure the ground contact to the handlebars is clean and bare to start. Also make sure that the contacts inside aren't gunked up. I opened mine up and found them full of dust and oil.

Just recently found the right hand control assy on Craigs. All I needed was the on off switch. I was successful replacing the switch only and now I have a switch case to experiment with. Think I'll continue smoothing things out and painting it all flat black. My switch was cracked and the thread inserts were pulling out.

Back