Wanted - Right Side Panel for 1982 XS400R

robindean

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I need to the right side panel for an '82 XS400R.

This is the plastic/fiberglass painted body cover that contours with the tank to give it that "lightning" shape. If you look at my photos, you'll see it. It's red on mine (color doesn't matter as I'm going to paint).

Mine has two broken attachment clips, which is why I'm on the hunt. I'm getting tired of using zip ties LOL.

Use a screw. If the base of where the clip was is still intact, just thread in a wood screw with a head slightly larger than the opening on the grommet it snaps into. That is how one of mine is and it works like a charm.

Huh ... I like it.

For the sake of my post, if anyone has the part, I'm interested. So don't hold back.

@ DCopp ... would you be up for takin' a couple digi-shots of it that I can look at? Two of my hooks are dead, so I'd like to really look at different angles of what you're talking about.

Hey DCopp!

So, now the "post" from my left side broke off as well LOL!

You were saying to use a screw. Can you give me some particular dimensions of the one you used for this?

Hey DCopp!

So, now the "post" from my left side broke off as well LOL!

You were saying to use a screw. Can you give me some particular dimensions of the one you used for this?

I have left one but I live in Poland and dispatch would be too expensive I think. My right one is fixed by screw as well.

Back