SeaFoam, SeaFoam and more SeaFoam LOL (and Rotary and Radial Engines)

Youtube got. A video of. A custom bike with a RADIAL engine. In it sounds amazing

Here is a better U Tube (turn up volume and plug your ears).
Norton NRV588:

Or if your a Mazda rotary fan then here is the 13B in a tidy 2-wheel package .

http://www.bikeexif.com/mazda-rotary-motorcycle

32.gif

Henkie, that radial bike looks ridiculous, but I think it was just made to look ridiculous with such an unconventional layout of the drive train.

4-stroke = Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow (now you will no longer have a memory issue on this one ;) )

You forgot to add Jay Leno's Jet powered bike to the fun list ;)

There's also WW1 airplane rotary engines which were NUTS!!! (The Wankel rotary is different)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

They look like a radial engine but instead of just the center shaft/hub spinning the whole engine spins with a fixed prop.

Hey guys just wanted to add my two cents.
I think that radial looks something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie. I would think it would be cool to add one of those to my collection. :thumbsup:

Hey guys just wanted to add my two cents.
I think that radial looks something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie. I would think it would be cool to add one of those to my collection. :thumbsup:

Radial = HORRIBLE to maintain. Trust me you do NOT want to own one unless its just for a trophy to look at.

They guy's jets probably got clogged because the seafoam helped to break up some of the crap that was sitting in the carb bowls. If the carbs are already clean, you have nothing to worry about.

Agreed. Now that we have that solved, back off topic.

Rotary engine:

rotaryengine.jpg

Radial engine:

11wrightj4radialengine.jpg

Learn the difference, know it, love it.

Don't forget the "other" type of rotary engine, engine rotating around a fixed crankshaft :thumbsup:

In a couple of my previous discussions, members have brought up adding SeaFoam to my tank as a preventative measure. So, last night I broke down and bought my first bottle of the stuff.

The store manager asked what I was using it for. I told him that it was for my motorcycle. He asked me if I was winterizing. I said no and mentioned that I intend on riding the bike through the winter, once per week, for about 45 minutes each ride.

He happens to ride so he warned me not to use too much of it His experience with the product ended in him needing to clean the jets on his ride.
:laugh: so the SeaFoam did it's job and washed the crud out of his gas tank and/or carbs and he thinks this is a problem? should have put on fuel filters :doh: mix it 1 oz. to a gallon doesn't matter if it's a 1 gallon tank or a 25 gallon ratio doesn't change, more won't hurt but it's overkill

Quick interjection about SeaFoam again ...

I'm in Chicago. It's very cold here.

While many members of this forum plainly state "Add Seafoam at every fillup" my buddy says "Don't use it more than once per year. Using it too often will gum up your carbs. Add Sta-Bol instead."
Thoughts?

Quick interjection about SeaFoam again ...

I'm in Chicago. It's very cold here.

While many members of this forum plainly state "Add Seafoam at every fillup" my buddy says "Don't use it more than once per year. Using it too often will gum up your carbs. Add Sta-Bol instead."
Thoughts?
neither one will "gum up your carbs" added in proper ratios, they are both fuel stabilizer/cleaners

Back