Seca 400 Tires

SteveM

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I need to locate new tires for my '82 Yamaha Seca 400 (XS400RJ) but I am not having any luck locating the old school tire sizes I need. I am hoping to replace both front and rear with a matched set. I need a 3.00-18 front and a 4.10-18 rear both tubeless.

Can anyone recommend a Canadian (or US shop that ships to Canada) for a set of tires?

Finding tires with that size stamped on them might be tough.
Your 3.00 is a 90/90, the 4.10 is a 110/90. You can find older looking tires in these sizes. I shop ebay, put the size tire I want in the search and then arrange cheapest to most expencize with S&H included.
Select just new tires, look at them and find the best deal.
On the tubeless thing. when tires started tires weren't designed to hold air, the tube did that. The tire was just for tread and carry the load.
When they figured out how to make tire hold air they started to mark them as tubless, so they could be run on cars steel wheels without tubes.
Motor cycle tires have the same history. But most bikes ran tube tires longer than cars. Now days all tires are made the same. You can run a tube inside a tire if you mount it on a spoked wheel or tubeless on a mag wheel.
The tire maker doesn't know if your bike has mags or spokes, so he makes them suitable for both to prevent lawsuits.
Leo

... Can anyone recommend a Canadian (or US shop that ships to Canada) for a set of tires?
The Seca parts bike I found had a 100/90/18 on the front and a 120/90/18 on the rear.
Last owner could have up-sized slightly from the old-school spec, don't know for sure.
As to outlets, lots of folks I've run into speak very highly of Zdeno's on the east edge of Kitchener. They're one of the largest tire dealers in the country, huge selection, permanent discount and you can call and talk to an actual person so you won't order the wrong thing. I believe they ship all over too.

Back