Show me your garage/workshop

MitchMotors

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious where you guys build and maintain your bikes.
I've seen some pictures of bike builds in fully equipped workshops while others have build their bikes in city-centre appartements.
So, what does your men den look like?

I have a 2.5 x 5 m garage (that's about 8 1/4 x 16 1/2 feet) that I use with a friend of mine for about 1 1/2 years by now. Some shelves, a tool cabinet, a workbench and a self built motorcycle bench on swivel wheels.
Works pretty well for us as long as we manage to keep everything tidy.
Before, I had a similar garage with another friend who was a mess when it came to keeping stuff where it belonged.

19894495mp.jpg

19894496jg.jpg

19894497zc.jpg

19894498mu.jpg

19894499rv.jpg

When there's heavy rain we have water problem but the landlord is trying to solve it.

And since it's sometimes too cold to work on the bikes in the winter, I have enough time to run free on my slight case of compulsive orderliness :D

19894546cg.jpg

19894547ew.jpg

Nice, dig the foam fittings. I work in my friend's garage, which he has handsomely equipped with tools because he does all his own car maintenance. When I'm working at home it's the parking lot behind our building. Looking forward to getting a house with a garage in a few years' time.

Here's my "workshop" for 7 months of the year :D

Lots of space when the neighbors aren't parked back there too. I store it at a friend's garage (unheated) in the winter.

One of these days I'll have a garage...

Attachments

• shop (Medium).jpg
    shop (Medium).jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 322
Mitch - I dig the old school skateboards. And nice job on the build. I'm looking for a good way to heat my shop this winter it's about the size as yours and cinder block walls with no insulation. Can't put in a wood stove due to fire codes

Posted via Mobile

I have the same problem. No way to set up a chimney.
A gas heater uses so much oxygen that you get heavy headache after an hour.
I thought of buying a "Sirokko diesel heater", product of former DDR/east germany/german democratic republic but haven't yet.
Those things are loud as hell but a friend uses on in a shop 10 times as big as ours and can work in a t-shirt while outside there's snow :D you can redirect heat/fumes/both via hose
Aparently it is possible to customize a Webasto heater (often found in caravans and/or motorhomes) to run as a stand-alone unit.

Back