Twin Sisters of Evil... Hello!

Speaking of sourcing parts: Am I to assume that OEM dealership parts are limited now?

Yes, a lot of stuff is no longer around or at a normal price. Gaskets and seals can be found on ebay as well as standard size piston rings. Googling the part numbers of stuff will turn up results some times also. Most often good used stuff is the only option. :(

home from work to home and as I pulled in driveway an Isuzu Trooper runs across my front yard and Tee-boned me!
Holy hanna, I hope you got something more than a I am sorry.

When I was looking for parts, our web site is great! other common sources is everything from Amazon, ebay, I have gone into my local Menards, and Fastenal for rubber odds and ends. any web site that is selling things with cheaper shipping, IE if your getting more than $100. worth of stuff, most are good, with the free shipping, but if you just need a small envelope full of O-rings, then its ten bucks for s/h. ebay tends to still have gasket sets, and O-rings. but like you said, its been over 30 years, so its hard to get some parts, with out going to the bone yard. Yet last week I went to the local Yamaha dealer, and got 2 things for my bike. (a screw for turn signal, and a oring for the neutral sending unit).

Cool, Good luck, don't mind being wordy, I tend to be too. I am convince that some people dont' read my post, because my solution will be on page one, of a multipage response, and I feel I said that on day of the posting. (it happens)

Look for the post marked Rerun manual. its a 45meg post of the supplemental manuals. (all of them) Then on the manual page is a parts listing for the (XS400 SH) which is close enough for most of the 80+ bikes. The you can use the various Yamaha web sites for parts sourcing, (www.boats.net, partzilla...)

Back