What did you do with your XS today?

Working on prepping my tank and side panels to paint once we get above 50 again.
Also, installed new plugs caps and wires and cleaned and lubed the chain, lubed the throttle cable and put on the new mufflers on Friday.

I just got mine out again and rode a few miles out of town, made some noise and had fun! It's too cold for a real trip for me yet.

Actualy yesterday I took some flex seal like what you seee on tv and spray a good amount in a container.Used 1 inch paint brush and I painted my front dry rotting tire with it and it actualy fills in all the cracks from the dry rot.I put 2 coats on and the tire looks good as new.Just a temporary fix for now till I can get a new tire next month or so.

Last edited:
Installed touring handle bars. Installed the motor. Assembled the swingarm and suspension linkage that hopefully will be installed tomorrow. Roughed out the plans for mounting a top box and saddle bags.

Left the bike in the "workshop" still surrounded on 3 sides by a blanket of snow drifts - went to see the Doobie Brothers.
Like an xs400 with boiled carbs, new plugs and fresh oil, they still run great!

Attachments

• Doobie Bros.jpg
    Doobie Bros.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 208
Took the tarp off it.I took off the tank before winter knowing ice comes down from the roof,but no other place to line up my 4 junkers. It did survive the winter (so far but haven't tried starting) a turn signal is snapped off from falling ice. I'm still figuring out how to get it titled and registered. I bought it here in ny with no papers.It runs so well I don't want to part it out. I just read Minn. has minimal requirements, and have a friend there. I may ask him to take pics in to his dmv, title it and send me the title.

Cleaned my carbs today - put SeaFoam in some high test NO-ethanol fuel and rode for 90kms. It revs nice to over 10k in 3rd. :D

another ride out, only 50 miles but was still cold. My oil guage bracket sheared off so had to find some rope to tie it back on.

IMAG0799_zpsaa051b58.jpg

bit of snow too :D

Man what size is your rear tyre? Looks huge! Btw new rear shocks? Or just painted? Black looks better:thumbsup:

I also appreciate that you are able to admit that something on your bike is still not perfect - not everyone could do that:bike:

First test ride with new suspension - WOW! :)

Fixed a bad connection at the voltage regulator/rectifier that was preventing the battery from charging.

Now for more riding!

Man what size is your rear tyre? Looks huge! Btw new rear shocks? Or just painted? Black looks better:thumbsup:

I also appreciate that you are able to admit that something on your bike is still not perfect - not everyone could do that:bike:

A project is never finished. Yamaha pay riders to test their products, there's just me and my mods to test them out. It happens!

new shocks for a Laverda of unknown model, got them NOS

the rear is a 4:00 Mito/Kenda the picture makes it look bigger

.... I also appreciate that you are able to admit that something on your bike is still not perfect - not everyone could do that:bike:
Sounds like a challenge. I am willing to join a club if one is formed.
How about starting a new thread: "What's NOT perfect about my xs400" ? :shrug:
But "CARBS" don't count - if we allowed that, it would hardly be an exclusive club.

Back