What did you do with your XS today?

set valve clearances - finally :)
put on the replacement stock headlight (man what a mess it was in there)
tried to figure out my LED flasher relay problems - didn't work... (old relay works, but doesn't flash, new relay does nothing)
lubed up the chain
went for a ride
got myself a new helmet and gloves :)

a good day for me and my xs all together.

Notched my frame for the Fuel tap foulage. Sorted the front tank mounts, searched in vain for material to sort the rear mounts.....failed and went to pub.

Went outside to gasoline leaking out the middle carb on the 750 this morning... Fun. Drained and refilled oil (full of gas) and turned fuel off then ran the bowls empty. Turned fuel back on. Hopefully it was a sticking float needle and just resetting it will take care of the problem. Also installed my LED taillight.

Ha! My girlie loves crawling all over it as well! Must be something in the Minnesota water :D After bedtime - I'm glad the monitor reaches to the garage! :thumbsup: haha

It must be! :bike: that's what she looks like too, huge smile.

Today I figured out where the rest of the components attached to the wiring harness are located! Also made a list of what I need and looked into replacement Tach Cable (it's sheared off, yay me), front brake cable, clutch cable and more!

Thursday we're pulling the battery from hubby's bike and hooking it up to mine to follow the signal.

Got pulled over by a trooper on my way to work and i was by my self with only a permit:doh: but he was cool and let me go with no ticket.:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Rejetted the carbs this afternoon and then had some fun ripping around tonight. Found some racoons that couldn't make up their minds when crossing the road. At 100kph/62mph I didn't have time to get all excited, so I aimed for where they were and hoped that they would be gone when I got there. 2 weren't, so I introduced them to their final resting place. I hardly felt a bump, and didn't look back. Glad they were small...

Did an oil change. Pulled the filter dropped the pickup screen cleaned out a load of black sludge. Also Oil is not really the term I'd use for the fluid I drained. Kind of a mix of some petrochemical gasoline & weasel urine. Still runs like CRAP with those nasty finicky carbs but it runs and has oil pressure. Next work on the valve clearance and revisit those f&^%*%$ carbs again.

Despite how oppresive as it is I went for ride this evening and tested my new holy helmet.I guess when its 90* and 80% humidty it dont matter if you have holes in your helmet.I was drenched after a half hour.

Despite how oppresive as it is I went for ride this evening and tested my new holy helmet.I guess when its 90* and 80% humidty it dont matter if you have holes in your helmet.I was drenched after a half hour.

Holy Helmet??? Did you go to the local Catholic Church and have it Blessed?? Never thought of cutting holes in a helmet my thought was to use a construction helmet with a computer fan in it. Oh My thermometer was up to 92 yesterday and 95 today with humidity almost to match. Central air hadn't stopped for more than 10 minutes all day. Just can't wait to see my electric bill. :eek::yikes:banghead:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 20130717_210529.jpg
    20130717_210529.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 219
Central air hadn't stopped for more than 10 minutes all day. Just can't wait to see my electric bill. banghead:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya mine has been running 5 days straight,I expect my bill to be around $110 :yikes:this upcoming billing period.It hit 94* and the same for today with real feels of 105*

Finished the tank mounts, Started on the seat mounts. Amazing how long a few brackets take to make.

Sadly that's all that will be done for 5 weeks. :mad:

got the front fender back on, and installed pod filters. i put a new fuel filter and line on and trying to decide if i want to put my straight bars on or not, i might just wait til i can actually start doing work to it

Been riding her hard out with my chums! Great weather for a bike, who needs a/c anyway! And her reward...wash, wax, and chain grease :D

Attachments

• cruise(2).jpg
    cruise(2).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 194
  • cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 071313_1613[00].jpg
    071313_1613[00].jpg
    213 KB · Views: 182
stalled it in a highway tunnel... Kinda risky business that was, everyone going 60+ mph and me not being able to move and there was no emergency lane either. Luckily I was able to roll out up to 5 meters from the end of the tunnel and I pushed the rest. Phew! :yikes:

Had to have road assistance come help me since I didn't have any tools with me. Took about 1.5 hours for them to come, but luckily I'm a member so it doesn't cost me anything. Turned out my inline fuel filter was completely stuffed with rust from my tank.. Should have cleaned that thing ages ago of course :banghead:

So this week I'll be going to get a new fuel filter and probably gonna try either electrolysis using my battery charger, or some type of acid to get the rust out of my tank. I'll let you guys know how it pans out!

Yesterday: Went for a 250km ride and spent a lot of time wide open trying to catch a HD Road King.

Today: Disassembled the instruments, cleaned and lubed them, painted the needles and red line markings, replaced a burned out LED bulb (cheap Chinese crap! Got what I paid for...). Serviced the front brake. Added more packing to the mufflers, because my HD riding buddy says my bike is too loud! :)

Tested the wires on the newer wiring harness, everything checked out then pulled the old harness of and threaded the newer one through. Then had a beer.

Tomorrow I figure out how to get the battery box back in (it was a b*tch to pull out) then finish reconnecting and test the signal flow.

Cheers!

Back