Which diodes

clegg

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I searched and found threads on this subject but not the diode info.

I have changed my signals to LED and changed to an electronic flasher. That is all functioning fine except for the crossover voltage from the single turn indicator bulb at the instrument panel.

Is there a specific diode and or p/n to wire to each side of the instrument panel bulb? I was looking and there are different types of diodes.

Last edited:
If he has an older bike with only one instrument panel turn indicator that will not work. On those the indicator power shares ground through the other side. OP needs to verify that for sure, he seems to be saying it with the mention of 'crossover' and 'single' bulb.

A 12 volt 5 watt diode will work fine, need 2 of them. Thinking that incandescent bulb is usually 3 watt or so.

Last edited:
Actually no diodes necessary. One electronic 2 prong flasher and it flashes my LED combo tail brake signal and the front incandescent blinkers.

If he has an older bike with only one instrument panel turn indicator that will not work. On those the indicator power shares ground through the other side. OP needs to verify that for sure, he seems to be saying it with the mention of 'crossover' and 'single' bulb.

A 12 volt 5 watt diode will work fine, need 2 of them. Thinking that incandescent bulb is usually 3 watt or so.
That's exactly what the diode kit is for. It requires a new ground.

Back