XS400 Bobber Vancouver, BC

Murphyxs400

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was on this site a few years back with my old xs400. Went through a dirtbike phase as well as a kawasaki phase. Glad to be back to my yamaha self.

Shes a work of art, and i like it. Plans are to hardtail it this winter. I love the angle of a hardtail but love how short it is now with struts. But seat springs make the line look horrible. so until then, sore backs it is!

I am looking to run a front brake. Yes i know it looks 100 times better with out, but I had 1 too many close calls. Lets be honest, we all ride hard. A front brake would be nice. I am hoping to get something clean, without breaking the bank. Any suggestions or help/advice would me amazing!

Will post pics soon :bike:

Or know of one that will work with a stock xs400 front fork? i have seen a full brake assembly off a 05 yamaha r6 on my friends xs400 cafe and it looks amazing. running a ducati disk on it too. But i know he paid big bucks to get it modded to fit properly.

Thanks gys

looks good, I bet is smells good too:D

I'll check the parts bin, if I have one, it's yours for the cost of shipping it from ON;)

I have the whole setup from an 82 Maxim DOHC (M/C, hose, caliper, lever). Pretty sure it would work. Recently upgraded to a dual disc fzr setup. PM me with an offer if you're interested.

Plus, I'm just over the border if you wanna meet up instead of shipping it international.

here's the setup

IMG_20130609_221952_148.jpg

IMG_20130609_222007_052.jpg

IMG_20130609_222014_630.jpg

IMG_20130609_222022_651.jpg

Hey guys,

I am looking to get some new bars. Here is a photo of the bike with out bars. I dropped the forks as far as they will go for now as they hit the bars. I am thinking maybe some clip ons on the upper part of the fork?

I also want to change up the front head light. Get rid of the light that mounts on the forks and get a bobber thinner one. If anyone has one for sale let me know!

Changing up the lines on the bike.

What do you all think?

Sorry about the garage, it has yet to see a car.

looks good! I'd get some straight bars, or near-straight ones if I were you.

Agree on the head light

I have told myself I will have a semi build thread on this bike. I will do so from now on. There will be lots of little changes and then this winter hopefully grab a hardtail kit from travis and then find someone to weld it for me. I called some shops in vancouver and they said it could be $1200! Little outta my range, if anybody knows anyone who can do this even if I have to drive down to washington please let me know!

It may be a couple days late but all mods I do will be updated on here!

Also, does anyone know where I can get some shock covers. Gators? Small and black as I will have the front end lowered 2 inches.

Cheers

Decided it was time for my forks to be black.

Heres one of them sanded down

first layer of primer

Andd 3 coats of primer... Looks so good I dont even want to paint them

Ended up being a beautiful day and regreted taking my bike apart. But the rain the next few days should keep me motivated.

Here is how she sits now. I am hoping to get a headlight (does anyone have site suggestions) and some shock covers before I put this all back together.

Cheers

Here is mine and my friends xs400 cafe I helped him work on over the months. His first bike and shes beauty. Hes just too lazy to post on this form.

The new seat we fiberglassed and he bought a $20 leather jacket from the thrift store, chopped it up and dayummmm thats a seat!

Last but not least, my good friend just picked up his new cbr 1000rr.... Deadly. I now have an appreciation for sport bikes. But they will never have soul like xs's.

Back