xs400 Headlights

Tyler H

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I want to do something unique with the headlight and I've never seen it done so I'm wondering if its possible and what needs to be done to get this installed (aftermarket relay,ect.) I ordered some of these off road lights and want to build a bracket to mount them on top of each other and a housing to hide all the wires in. My question is do I need anything special to wire these up? Also.. are they legal?

Attachments

• 22732-e0359ddf998a69b4b27a557efd35a281.jpg.png
    22732-e0359ddf998a69b4b27a557efd35a281.jpg.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 165
That picture is microscopic. Link to the amazon page?

Probably illegal. Would be here. Probably pretty obviously illegal to police.

Legality probably has a lot to do with location. I live in Harley country and you'd be surprised by what some of the bikes around here get away with. Personally I'd just throw em on and see if you get a ticket for them, but I'm a punk kid so..

If they don't have a high and low beam and not d.o.t it would a ticket waiting to happen. Also the bike would not pass it's inspection from any bike shop that cares.

As everyone else has mentioned, those lights are not legal for road use. Take a look at FMVSS 108 for further details. This is particularly relevant:

"S10.18.9.1 Vertical aim, lower beam. Each lower beam headlamp must have a cutoff in the beam pattern."

As an aside, those lights will, without a doubt, blind oncoming traffic.

Back