Hello from NJ

Sorry about that...maybe do a search just based on your tire size...then look for reviews. Always read the reviews. I don't buy anything without reading the reviews. Someone's content or discontent can be very valuable at saving time and money

Posted via Mobile

I'll just have to get two different brands. I'm having trouble locating 3.00 s18 tires. Isn't that the old system? Do you know what the equivalent is? I see that the OE tires were Yokohama. I think the front on there is the original tire!

One good thing that discovered. :) I checked the gas tank and it looks like it was stamped out on the factory line yesterday. Thank God, one less thing to worry about.

Even if the tank looks spotless it's always a good idea to install an inline fuel filter. The smalles piece of crab can clog your carburetor and that can become a pain in the ass

Posted via Mobile

I'm still not sure about tires. :confused:

Looks like I'll be spending at least $150 with new tubes. :(

Also any engine cleaner suggestions? I was going to try some engine de-greaser that I have in the garage, I'm not sure how it is on aluminum or(aluminium lol)

Does anyone have any particular brands they're happy with?

I've used simple green with water and also Palmolive and water. Palmolive will surprise you on how well it works on grease and oil. Especially if you are able to soak the part in it. It completely cleaned my frozen brake caliper of all the solidified brake fluid that was in it.

Words of wisdom, some degreasers can be corrosive if left on the metal too long. Use caution and read the label on the bottle.

Posted via Mobile

Cool thanks guys. I never thought of dish soap. We have Dawn. It's supposed to be so great on grease maybe I'll try it. I'm going to go buy some scrub brushes today.

There's also this tried and trusted grease product that's been around for ages. I think it's called 'elbow grease'.

Sorry I couldn't help m'self.

I am using scotchbrite pads and Simple Green. I also got some cheap wire brushes from Harbor Freight to work into the engine fins. I am not restoring or painting the exterior finish. I like a bit of patina without the crud.

As well I bought a bottle of ACF50 aluminum preservative to wipe down the exposed aluminum. Apparently it's amazing stuff, aircraft guys swear by it too. A little dab'll do ya...

Tire tube and manual is coming today, according to the tracking! :)

Feel like shit 'cuz my wife and I are doing a juice fast. I want to eat the old tires off the bike...

Why would someone steal a 1981 Yamaha brake lever? I had it sitting on the hood of my truck and it's gone! They also took the broken perch that was sitting next to it! WTF?

It's not a question of "why", it is "because" and "where". "Because" they could, and "where" you are. I can leave the doors to my workshop open all day with nobody home and not have a problem, because of where I am and my neighbours. I couldn't do that if I lived on a busy street with neighbours who didn't care...

Back