1980 xs400 bobber

jochicos

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Finally done. Will be displaying it at the Toronto Super Show Jan. 7,8 and 9 2011.
This bike was an all out build. I decided to use the 400, because everyone has done a 650 a thousand times over. Its a non points motor (TCI ignition). CB160 Tank. 08 Honda Shadow headlight. Enjoy. These are older pics. I will have updated pics after the show.
CHEERS.

21 inch front wheel
007-1.jpg

002.jpg

canon536.jpg

18 inch front wheel.
canon519.jpg

Last edited:
damn. that 21 front looks sexy. welcome to the site! are you going to post pictures of thr build in process? i would like to see how you did the hardtail and other general info about the bike itself

I have a few pics of the build in process, but not many. I can and will provide all the info on the bike if anybody would like. When I first started this build there was nothing I could find on XS400, so thats what made me build one.
I built the frame rite at home with a dinky HD drill press, some rigid wholesaw bits, flux core electric mig to tac the frame together, 4" grinder, a conventional wood chop saw with a metal blade, and alot of imagination.:)
Any questions feel free.

Man, when I first saw the first pics with the forks shoved all the way up in the trees, I was like "What the....?" haha Definitely an awesome build man, I like everything about it. I love the look of the 21.....thats what I run on mine. Great work!

Back