1980 XS400g Special - No Hydraulics?

Stevo

StevO
Reaction score
Hey all help! - so this will sound newbie and yes this is first conversion and bike in 10 years, took it for fact without paying attention when ordering new clutch and brake levers w(with hydraulics) that the bike has hydraulics, BUT they are not are they? I see no hydraulics, just straight through push/pull cables, I have read nothing about that, this is an 1980 xs400g special, I'm not missing anything here am I, I do not need hydraulic correct?

Thanks,
Stevo

Looks like you ordered the wrong levers. Your model should be drums front/rear, no hydraulics. On the bright side your next purchase should be cheaper.

Thanks "Onetype", geez i bet will be cheaper next buy the ones with hydro are a buck plus change. ouch!

So still wondering about the clutch, I'm thinking must be same thing.......

Thanks again,
Stevo

Thanks for the reply, been trying to stay accurate on threads, 80 XS400G Special, stock, but understand, after building houses for 25 years, after mentoring guys for that long, it's weird how tough to find good sites with good info. I'll keep looking but thanks. Old bikes, just got find the right group!

Thanks
Stevo

Agree on the photos, soooo I its' probably apparent, but is it easy to post photos... i tried and it asks for a URL?

Stevo

Upload the photos to flickr or a public sharing site. Right click on the uploaded photo and copy the url. Paste into the photo box in your response. Preview post to make sure it's displaying right.

copy the IMG tagged image into the text box, then it can be directly uploaded from the hosting site. you can also re-size to 680 so we don't get giant pictures of a tyre valve!

How about just looking at the bike? That usually tells me whether the brakes are cable or hydraulic. Same with most things on a bike. Look and see.
On posting pics, just click the Go Advanced button below where you are writing. This takes you to another page, scroll down looking for the Manage Attachments button, click on it, a window opens. Click on browse, this takes you to the pics on your computer. Select the pic you want. Hit upload. If the pic is under 300k in size it uploads. Easy to do.
Even I can do it.
Leo

Your are right, just got confused from posts about the hydraulics, but yes i do not have them, drum brakes and none on the clutch. Thx for the info on posting pics, appreciated...

Stevo

Back