For Sale - 1981 full bike, 1981 Dissasembled bike, extra engine,wheels,parts

rockjock729

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
1981 XS400 with 13k. Drum brakes Front and Rear. Titled

1981 Frame with rear disk swing arm from 1977 no title and triple tree.

1981 engine (was running when taken off frame) with 2800 miles

1977 engine ? miles, top end disassembled

2 rear cast wheels 1 disk 1 drum
2 front cast wheels both disk

Two brand new tires for front and rear disk wheels with new tubes listed above

2 black gas tanks, front forks, tachometer(for 1981 engine), Tach and speedo for 77 engine, 1 set of carburetors, TCI unit, handle bars, front and rear disks calipers, front fender, rear fender. directional lights 4 - 6, handlebar controls, 1 set of black side covers, 2 used but good chains, a bunch of misc stuff from disassembly.

There are enough parts for another entire bike using either of the 2 motors.

I am selling everything for $1000 which is less than what I am into it for.

If you are interested, then call me at 203-722-2334 between 9AM - 9PM EST. If I do not pick up, leave a message and I will return your call.

I have moved from Norfolk and these are located in Smallwood N.Y.
I snowbird to Florida and will be back in May.

DO NOT ASK ME TO SEPARATE PARTS. THIS IS FOR EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Can you send a pic of carbs showing idle mixture screw location. I need a left carb body for a 79 it has the exposed idle mixture screw and spring. Not capped. if you have one ill buy it. PM or text 575 491 3935 scott

That's not bad for all those parts plus a running bike. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will go quick!

I do not believe so. I think after 81, the frames were changed so I would think the motor may have been changed as well. Mounts, sprocket location, etc.. This is a question better asked in the forum.

Oh okay; I was just curious to see a couple pictures of the lot you quoted to get a better idea.

Also, is this a bundle deal only?

Back