For Sale - 1982 XS400J Maxim Frame, clean title, $200 OBO.

markjs

XS400 owner, bike lover
Reaction score
A 1982 XS400J frame with clean title, I got a basket case bike when I had Frankenbike licensed. I need a bigger bike to go with my 400, and I know somebody out there has a bike that needs a clean title. Not every state is as easy to get a vehicle licensed as mine if the title holder is unreachable. I will entertain reasonable offers; basically I have a Goldwing I got my eye on and this would allow me to invest. Plus, other than the frame, I have a complete running parts bike to support the longevity of my XS400 experience.

any idea how hard it is to get it across the border?
As long as you have a proper bill of sale, you are allowed to bring $800 (I think) worth of goods across. It's really just a $200 bike part.

If you were riding a running bike across, I think you would have more paper work to fill out at the border. I think there is only an issue when you have added enough stuff to it that it turns into a running bike and you want MOT to license and plate it.

Forgot to say that this will also include the ignition key switch and a matching key to fit the helmet lock and gas cap.

Last edited:
Quick question for you. You said its easy in your state to get a new title for a vehicle? My bike was gifted to me from a friend just for removing it off his property. Well I have been working on it but I still haven't looked into getting a title for it as its not running. Which is probably what I should have done first. Now I live in Washington state also and was wondering if you knew the process? Someone said filing a ad in the paper and if no one responds you can get it but I am not sure on that. Should I use the vin and try to track down who the title's name is in?

Other option I just buy a frame with a clean title such as yours but thats alot more then I want to put into the bike.... :doh:

Thanks in advance!!

Back