For Sale - 1982 XS400RJ SECA 5800 miles! $600 firm in Michigan

OnePhate

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
My Seca is up for sale.
Front brake system rebuilt, carbs rebuilt, new battery.
Has some scratches from falling on the exhaust and the levers.

Has a slow oil leak and older tires.

I do have a parts bike that I am willing to throw into the deal for some extra cash.

VvTTn

Oh well, I'm sure you'll find another. It's up for $700 firm on craigslist :p
$600 is coincidentally the price I paid for it when I bought it not running with no front brake.

I would easily get more in the summer.
I'm selling it for a good deal because I got it for a good deal.

If it doesn't sell by christmas I am fixing that oil leak and putting new tires on it, maybe a new paint job and relisting in the summer for 1,200.

Tough to sell a motorcycle this time of year especialy in Michigan.If it was a snowmobile or a quad then the sale would be alot easier.Those looking for a motorcyle though for next season this is the time to buy.I look at my local craigslist everyday the same motorcyles have been there for months.

Living so close to the border, you might enjoy watching the Kijiji site for the Windsor/Sarnia area:

Im looking throught the Flint,Detroit Metro and port huron areas.Theres seperate listing for Ontario I sometimes look at.Thanks for the link thou Lou :)
I dont ever go into Canada or across the bluewater bridge.Although I would like to go up into the bruce Penisula area.sometime.

Buying a bike out of country is a pain
Here's the government's website about it...

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

Just make sure you have all of your paperwork in order (not an extensive list below but some important points).
1) You'll need to get a release letter from the manufacturer that the bike has no existing US recalls.
2) You need to fax a copy of the release letter, original ownership, most recent insurance, and, bill of sale to the Customs point of entry you will be coming through. THIS HAS TO BE DONE A MINIMUM OF 72 HOURS PRIOR TO YOU BRINGING THE BIKE BACK ACROSS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) You need to bring all of the originals of the above with you.
4) You will pay an import fee and GST at the border.
5) You will have to wait for the government to send you a Form#2 to allow you to get the bike safetied. This form is completed by the garage and they send back to the government.

Back