Wanted - 2 Main Adjustable Needles (part # 452-14116-09-00)

Psyfox

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time no see/post.

I have been away in a career for a bit, and thankfully haven't run into troubles with my bike (80/81 xs400sg) nor really needed to break into the carbs...until now.

It turns out, one of my adjustable needles snapped because the prior owner had replaced the slide with an incorrect (but close) one.

Thus, I'm out of a needle, and when I had my mechanic pull it apart (in case it was worse than suspected), it turns out that I was running one adjustable and one non-adjustable needle (though...the non-adjustable has the correct slide...someone did a quick fix somewhere in time).

Low and behold, when I go to check ronayers.com for it (part 452-14116-09-00), it's no longer made. Though, the good news is now, I at least have another proper slide for when I do find a pair.

Thus, I was curious if anyone on here has a spare pair of these guys (looking for a pair to correct both sides, and they are necessary with my aftermarket exhaust)?

Thanks again everyone,

Psyfox

Your looking for the 77-79 xs400 5Z1 needles. I have a set. $25 shipped paypal only. DSC03144.JPG

Your looking for the 77-79 xs400 5Z1 needles. I have a set. $25 shipped paypal only. View attachment 26955

Let me double check these with my mechanic (as this is my second attempt to find the correct ones), but I believe you are correct.

If so, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Many thanks, Chris. I should be PMing you later today.

Chris,

I received those today.

Many many thanks again, hopefully this will (should) work for me. Now to wait a couple more days for the rest of the items I need from ronayers, and (hopefully) I'm good to go.

Thanks again to all who viewed.

-Psy

/thread

Back