77' XS360/ My first build!

Just picked one of this up running, off CL, my first bike ever. This has given me some inspiration, and those tires are sick!

Looks good man, how did you go about cleaning the motor, especially between the fins it looks really clean. Did you sand blast, hand clean or did you vapor wash, Im faced with a very dirty motor right now.

Looks good man, how did you go about cleaning the motor, especially between the fins it looks really clean. Did you sand blast, hand clean or did you vapor wash, Im faced with a very dirty motor right now.

I cleaned the motor by hand. I first just used engine cleaner from the auto parts store and a pressure washer, and used some little brushes to reach in between the fins. I also used some aluminum acid wash. After that I just pulled the side covers off and polished them with Mothers aluminum polish.

Well Ive had some time to make a little more progress on my bike! I fabricated brackets and mounted my turn signals, headlight and speedometer. Also made a braket to mount my license plate.
My seat pan is at the upolstery shop getting covered right now and should be finished this week and I will be painting the tank this week as well. Then all I will have left is wiring, which I know nothing about..... so might take awhile.

So here are the latest pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 259
  • photo24.JPG
    photo24.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 277
  • photo23.JPG
    photo23.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 263
Painted my tank today! What do ya think?

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 255
Am I seeing Chevelle SS in there?

Nice bike, seat is gonna be tanned? What? no?

Back