For Sale - 77 XS400D cafe project in Atlanta - $350

BillP

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I have a '77 XS400D cafe racer project that has great potential. I don't have time due to work and am also non-ambulatory for a while (Achilles tendon).

This is the XS400D which was the drum brake, wire wheels, kick start only model. I bought it assembled, but non running and have partly disassembled it to build an old-school cafe bike. Here is some info as I think of it; please feel free to email me for more info:

The bike is mechanically pretty complete; the motor turns over freely and the gears engage easily.
Bike does not appear to have been in any accident except for a small dent in the tank.
Engine has 2 into 1 header, no muffler. Has carburetors. I have two K&N or similar air filters with bike.
This model is a kick start only, so simpler wiring.

Tank has a small dent, easily fixable if you want to use it (not a bad looking tank shape)
Seat is complete and comes with an extra seat pan

Forks are straight but fork tubes have surface rust and paint; would need thorough refurb or replacement (cheap).
Comes with original handlebars and Superbike bend low bars.

Have key to ignition, seat lock, gas cap.

NOTE: BIKE COMES WITH AN EXTRA CORRECT XS400D MOTOR, with carburetors. As with the motor in the bike, turns over freely and appears to shift easily. Also comes with used but compete Clymer shop manual.​

I bought the bike on a bill of sale and have not registered it, and will obviously provide a proper bill of sale with it.

I had visions of building a very simple, light traditional style cafe bike; I still do. But it will be a while till I can start that project again.

Please pardon the spotty photos. I'll be happy to respond to any questions.

Thanks for looking.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3384594878.html

email to b_price@earthlink.net

Attachments

• Yamaha xs400.JPG
    Yamaha xs400.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Yamaha parts.JPG
    Yamaha parts.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 225
I would prefer not to part it out at this point. I do have some interest locally. However, i also don't close doors.

The seat is in pretty good shape; paint's faded but plastic and seat vinyl are very nice. If it sells, I'll pass along the interest, since a cafe bike might not use the original seat.

Sold this afternoon.

Rodeo, I'll pass this link along to the buyer in the event he wants to partially part out.

Back