78 xs400 outter head stud

Monowakari

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Dug into my engine to change some leaky gaskets and upon reinstall I broke a head bolt/stud.

Part # 1L9-11361-00-00 for anyone who's any good at sourcing parts. Its one of the four outter corner studs. Looking for help sourcing one cause i figured some of you may have better resources, im not so good at the internetting.

Without going too far into the reasoning of why it broke, yep It was dry, clean and in good condition. There was oil in the crankcase where the bottom of the stud leaked into so me and 3 mechanics think hydraulic lock as the other 7 hit spec of 44ftlbs while this one failed. Maybe last buddy to open the enginge at some point overcranked on her. Opinions welcome.

Fact o' the matter, I need a replacement and local boneyard didnt have one. Ebay is all sets of 8 equally used or worsely abused. Too much money.

Thoughts friends?

Would like to be back on the pavement before rainy season sets up here in Victoria.

Cheers

I have a parts motor and can pull it if you want ?

Not sure how much trouble it is sending it across the border though...........

Spectra, appreciate the gesture, will try the SpeedAndSportInc website first, thanks BBS360.
I've shipped across borders, never seen much in the way of duties, usually the taxman gets ya.
Thanks for the input guys I've been scratching my head for a few days now.

Spectra, appreciate the gesture, will try the SpeedAndSportInc website first, thanks BBS360.
I've shipped across borders, never seen much in the way of duties, usually the taxman gets ya.
Thanks for the input guys I've been scratching my head for a few days now.

No problem and like I said I have a parts motor just sitting there so if need be let me know.

Back