81 400 chopper build!

kevrock2012

kevrock2012
Reaction score
Hello folks, my name is kevin and I am starting to build a chopper out of an 81 xs400 special 2.

I received this bike for free as it was laying on the side of the road looking fairly decent but carbless.
I already knew what this bike COULD and WOULD look like after I got my hands on it!
Its been a month and a week since and the bike is now just a frame and a box full of parts.
I have spent 3 hours on each wheel with just a wire brush and some steel wool to strip it of loose corrosion, and at least 6 hours cleaning and painting the motor! Just recently bought carbs that were so full of old gas that upon opening the bowl I thought it came with free butter!
Around 3 hours of intense cleaning on those puppies they are on there way to beauty town now though! My plans are of coarse to hard tail the frame and somehow modify the stem to accept a springer front end! I hope to post some pictures soon of the progress and I hope you enjoy!

Kevin

Great vision kevrock-I am in the same stage of my build. You will find a lot of help and support here. Huge knowledge base...enjoy and everyone likes pictures.

Back