82 400xs J kick stand kill switch

Deuce

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I have a 1982 400xs J that had the kickstand kill switch removed. When this git done the circuit wasn't completed so the minute I put in gear it dies.
Can't seem to find a diagram shows a kill switch.
Anyone know where I need to compete the circuit?
All help is appreciated

There is a relay under the seat that connects to the TCI module (Black w/White wire?), neutral switch, and the kickstand switch. The 2 wires for the switch can be joined to get the bike running, but removing and bypassing the relay would be a good idea if the switch is not going to be replaced.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I removed all that years ago.

There is a relay under the seat that connects to the TCI module (Black w/White wire?), neutral switch, and the kickstand switch. The 2 wires for the switch can be joined to get the bike running, but removing and bypassing the relay would be a good idea if the switch is not going to be replaced.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I removed all that years ago.

You sure? Hmm, I got the similar problem, I have a 83 yammie xs400 seca, it's runs fine when idle and neutral but as soon I put in gear it dies. Very unusual. I would like to bypass that kickstand switch if i can. Looking it up now in my manual and see where's it located.

Back