84 Maxim body panels

SandyR

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm missing the panel on both sides that goes from the back of the tank to the front of the rear fender. Has anyone fabricated panels to fill this area? Any pictures or possible solutions appreciated. I've had no luck finding any original parts used or new.
thanks,
Sandy

I'm in the process of making some resin mold replica side covers for the upper right side, not the battery cover. I have been searching for a year now, and nothing.

If anybody has any leads on finding one, let me no.

Took a trip to the semi-local used parts emporium today. Lots of cool stuff but no luck on the side panels. I'm going to take another look at trying to make up something myself.
Sandy

They are made from unobtainium, a rare alloy only found in asteroids that impact the Earth on the 5th Sunday of the month. :)

When you do find them, expect to pay more than their weight in gold if they are in good condition. Or to spend that much on repairing them...

Wow that's cool, just got my side covers on; one of the few things that was intact on my bike! Anyone feel like offering me exorbitant sums? (Of course I'm not selling though!) When all is said and done though I might have extras. Not sure what will happen with the second bike yet. Probably will go for a non stock look.

Looking to be impossible! Lol gonna have a buddy fabricate some out of diamond plate looks to be a cheaper and more realistic option.

I will look at what I have. I probably won't use my second set (if indeed it is complete) I have one good set I think I have the other two, know I have one. If someone can fabricate new ones to match the old ones with the old one as a template I am more than willing to give them up free if the guy will make me a replacement set.

The beauty of the idea is that I think a few more parties wanting new ones made would make it a profitable venture for everyone and allow them to replace parts that just don't exist to buy anymore.

Back