Aftermarket Levers

Rambo814

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to build my XS into a Scrambler/Tracker. What I'm wondering is if anyone like ASV or ProTaper makes shorty levers that we can use on our bikes. I know the clutch would work, but I want the front brake lever, too, and I've never seen one with the brake light switch in it. Anyone have any insight to this?

I used my extra YFZ450's master cylinder, plenty of stopping power and it has the brake light switch too. I'll post a picture when I get home, I have ASV shorty levers too. I bought the holiday pack for it a few years ago. $180 for both. P.s. If you do this swap, you will need the brake line, to use the ends on the new custom hose.

Leo, I suppose I could do that, but I guess I was looking for a logo. Scott, I forgot to specify that I had drum front brakes. My bad.

Hey Rambo, this might sound funny, but. Couldn't you use any ordinary BMX front brake lever for your front brakes? the drum is just a lever. Theoretically speaking you could also use a clutch lever as well.

Scott, this is very true. I have thought about just using 2 ASV clutch levers and perches, because ASV's logo would be the same upside :wink2: . However, I just recently researched the inspection laws here in PA and found that the brake light needs to light when ANY brake is activated. That's what is making it difficult for me to find something that will work. Thanks for the brainstorming, though.

Thanks, Scott. I found an xs650 parts bike the other day and talked a buddy from work into splitting the cost with me in return for the entire front end. So, it looks like I'll be trying to figure out what levers to use on a 650 master cylinder. :bike:

Back