alarm battery

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
well I've given up on the alarm battery. the 2nd one went today. It didn't leave me stranded but I couldn't go out to play today and that makes me MAD :mad:

anyway after hours of searching I came across 2 US sites;

motydesign and Ballistic EVO2 50 4-Cell Lithium Battery

http://www.motydesign.com/product.php?batteries=4-cell-battery

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320960389162?item=320960389162&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I went for the Ballistic as its orange and suits the tracker colours :wink2:

both will fit inside the seat area and the motydesign one would prob be easier to fit, but who said anything about looks being easy?

I got a meet coming up in 3 weeks, lets hope it arrives before then

... I went for the Ballistic as its orange and suits the tracker colours :wink2:
both will fit inside the seat area and the motydesign one would prob be easier to fit, but who said anything about looks being easy?
I got a meet coming up in 3 weeks, lets hope it arrives before then
I am alarmed. Are you sure you don't have a wee bit of Scotch in your blood? Could it be that the orange battery is nearly 50% cheaper? That would do it for me all things being equal.

You may want to consider the battery I have. Apparently one can boil it dry until it's completely dead and then just add water and it's fine again.
When I was trying to figure out why/how that is possible and what I need to do to prevent being stuck again, I ran across an interesting site with lots of battery info on it - such as gell batteries and alarm batteries are no good for starting bikes and if the bikes don't kill them, owners using the wrong chargers might. I take their conclusions with a grain of salt since they their presentations are done in such a manner as to make their battery products attractive.
Nonetheless, the basic info is very comprehensive and sound, and might be of interest to those of us struggling with batteries.

I ordered the Ballistic, just got to ensure it doesn't over charge more than 14.4 volts or its dead!

got electronic reg/rec so hopeful

This is what I have. It was $9 off ebay. Had it in mine yamaha razz last year for 1800miles and it has been in my tracker for 1500 miles this year and still works perfect:shrug: It says on it it will cycle charge up to 15v. Maybe your battery is not getting enough air around it or the bike is over charging.

Last edited:
i think the vibrations have got to the plates, and they are o the side rather than standing up which may have contributed.

new batt on the way, just tell your fellow Americans to hurry up and post the bloody thing :D

Back