All balls swing arm bearing kit

5teN

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the great site and everyone's valuable information. I picked up a 1980 Xs400 a couple weeks ago and am doing a big rebuild. I'll try and post an intro soon!

Has anyone used the all balls swing arm bearing kit for a xs650 on their xs400? I was under the impression that these were Interchangeable. However after trying to use the kit on my xs400 swing arm things don't seem right. I'm not sure if it is just poor quality on all balls part.

The description said it contained Deleon bushings for the axial loads I assume but in the kit were poorly machined steel bushings. Also the seals included in the kit don't seem the seal on any surface from what I can figure out.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this all balls 650 kit?

Thanks for any help.

Even if the swing-arms are interchangeable the bearings might not be. I have not read about anyone using 650 bearings on a 400 swing-arm before though. The most I have seen is a few different models of swing-arm laid out next to each other comparing width and length.

I did buy the all balls steering stem bearings for my 400 and it seemed to be very high quality.

Hopefully someone else can provide a good answer for you.

I put All Balls wheel bearings in my dirt bike,and found them to be high quality parts.It may be that they aren't the same from 650 to 400.I think I'd do a little research on interchange possibilities. lha

I know that the swing arm bushings and sleeves for a xs650 and xs400 are the same its the bolts that are not.

Back