Any Good Sources for Parts?

bludytiger

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I am restoring a 84 Maxim 400. I have the engine almost completely disassembled and the place that I was going to get the gasket set from now tells me that they can't get it, after telling me they could before I decided to start this project.

Does anyone know any good places to order from to get parts? I need a full gasket set right away, and will need various other parts later on.

Well I checked Parts N More, and they are currently out of stock of the gasket kits. Biker Bandit didn't have any. ebay has none either. And if I order from Yamaha, apparently I have to order each gasket separately, and that gets costly.

Look on ebay,there are thousands of parts listed,set the parameters in the left hand side of the page.When you find something close to your search,ie:gasket set for others,look to see if they have an ebaystore,then search there.Good luck.lha

I didn't realize that there was a global eBay site that let you search more then just your area. I found a bunch of gasket sets on there listed in germany for the XS400 DOHC. Does anyone know I'd there is any differences with the German model that would prevent me from useing on my Canadian model?

none, they are universal.

I know that there were full power versions in Germany and throtted versions in the US. I don't know what they did to them, maybe camshaft?

none, they are universal.

I know that there were full power versions in Germany and throtted versions in the US. I don't know what they did to them, maybe camshaft?
There is a governor on the U.S. models,at least as far as I know.

Back