Anyone know the length of rear spokes for drum brakes models?

Greasey Fingers

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys ive hit a snag with my rear spokes! They are 10mm too long:banghead: Does anyone have a measurement for the correct length spoke of a xs400 rear drum brake model, running 18" rims?

The ones I have measue about 170mm but are 10mm to long so they need to be around 160mm, does this sound right?

Also is there any difference between the xs360 rear drum hub and the xs400 rear drum hub (both running 18" rims)

thanks for your help!!!

"It is not difficult to change to 18".

Hope you understand some German:

http://xs400.net/wb/pages/technik-fa...-der-xs400.php

hinten = rear
Trommel = drum
innen = inner
außen = outer

First and second row in the table fits for 18" original rims with drum hub. I am not sure if other rims need slightly other spokes."

Lupe posted this in a post that I had asking a very similar question.

Thanks for the link Rambo and lupe for posting it, unfortunately the link isn't working for me. If its working at your end, can you see if it has the length there for the spokes?

btw im not changing from 16" to 18", im just putting new 18" rims and spokes on a rear drum hub from a 76 xs360. Does 160mm sound about right? Its just the seller I bought them from had them listed as xs400 spokes for the rear drum with 18" wheels, so I have a feeling he sent me spokes for a rear disc brake model maybe (they measured 170mm).

Back