Are leds lights worse than Incandescent.

thlillyr

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I've been wanting some LED turn signals to replace my busted up ones. But I've heard that they aren't as bright as incandescent. By that reason are LEDs less safe? Does that make them harder to see during the day by would be rear-enders? Are there certain ones to look for to avoid this?

What does everybody think?

Two-fold with problem LED bulbs in older machines:
-the reflectors and lenses were not designed for the unique pattern of light emission of LED bulbs so they can appear less bright. LED bulbs vary greatly in design and some will work much better in a given reflector/lens combo than others.
-I don't think anyone has found an electronic flasher relay that will work on our bike's wiring system.

I have a specific design set LED tail/stop bulbs that are as bright as the filament bulbs in the taillight.

Lots of discussion on the forum about LED turn signals. Do a search and read up on the topic.

i got the LED rear stop/tail lamps from china. they are physically like the rear lamp, and work great. quite cool looking too!

awesome where did you find it. ebay or someplace like motorcycle superstore. and was it just the bulb or the whole lens and housing

I'm also running a LED tail. Mine is an integrated unit, taillight/stoplight/flashers/ and as a bonus of high output LED's...plate light:D
They're plenty bright, so much that I can see a red glow around me when applying brakes at night:laugh: The flashers are also as bright
P1000868.jpg

I bought mine from
http://www.kapscomoto.com/

Back