Automotive Glass Packs on a XS 400

Arclight88

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Was digging around for alternatives and ran across Flowtech's Red Hots Glass Pack mufflers. I know I would have to compensate for the back pressure change if installed, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience in attempting this option.

I'm always open to new ideas, but I don't want to waste time & money on a fruitless lark.

I agree with eric123 it might be hard to find them with a small enough inlet but if you can i would go for it just to see what they sound like. Oh and don't forget to post a vid for the rest of us haha

Thanks to you both.

So far, I can only find them in 2-inch openings. But I have found some adapter pipes at a local muffler shop for 1.5 to 2 inch reduction. Total on this with the Red Hots should be about $60.

I am so very tempted! I can resist almost anything but that...

I run the thrush red glass packs on my chevy pick up, and often wondered what they would sound like on the 400, the sound great on the 350 cui with headers!

I had a the same thrush glass pack on my last pickup and one thing to remember is they only sound bette with time after the packing gets burned out :D

I live in a small town and everybody knows the sound of my truck, headers to about
24" of pipe, the glass pacs, then it turns out just before the rear bumper...BRAAAAAAP!!!!!
I would like to get the same noise out of the xs400, thinking of running a straight pipe with a turn down... just to kick up the dust ... and noise!!:D

Looks like someone put a set of fire extinguishers on there:laugh:

Last edited:
Back