Bobber project in Sweden

Will upload more pics later tonight,
just wanted to share my new pedal-kick. :)

Not yet entirely finished, one welding session(to secure a bolt) and some painting left.

kick_134407614.jpg

thanks drewpy!
notice any difference in picture quality? ;)

First i'll show you what i did last week and fill you in on some of the stuff that was hard to see.

dscn2337_134474362.jpg

This is the mount for the rear fender.

dscn2336_134474409.jpg

From the side

dscn2338_134474441.jpg

horn and beam / full beam switches

dscn2339_134474495.jpg

mounted

dscn2363_134474531.jpg

also made a new mount for the license plate, after reading more about the specific rules i decided to go with this alternative for now. Grinded the edges after the pic was taken to make it smoother.

dscn2334_134474604.jpg

And this is what my new bar mounts look like. :thumbsup:

Ok, so for the kick-pedal.
I thought I would go through it step by step. :)

It's mounted on the original kick with some minor modifications.

First i grinded the end down to be the same size as the rest (except for that hole which plays an important part later) The rubber came off an old bike-pedal.

dscn2352_134474701.jpg

Then I made a tube to fit inbetween the brackets holding the rubber. I pressed a bolt in the end and drilled two holes so they came on top of the sinkage. I also threaded the holes.

dscn2356_134474734.jpg

The next was to lock the pedal in place. Using the holes i drilled and threaded, two bolts go in and stop the pedal. The Wing nut at the end together with the bolts through the rubber keep the pedal together. (i'll put on shorter bolts later, just wanted to see if it worked :) )

dscn2355_134474832.jpg

dscn2354_134474911.jpg

wow. thats really cool about the kick pedal. i was going to do something similar, yet different over the weekend. and NICE PICTURES!!! lol that switch wound is solid. i love it. im doing the same, but i think its gonna be right on my electrical box.

that kicker mod is great, and you keep the integrety of the original kicker, so it shouldn't fail.

love the new pictures!

Thanks guys!
Looking forward to see what you come up with volcom. :)

Since i have some exams coming up next week, i will have to focus on them. But i did not want to leave the bike for too long, so I did some work yesterday. :)

I put an old handlebar on together with the bar mounts, Its a little bent, crashed it on my mx back in the day. :thumbsup:
I really like the fat look, its 28.6mm, instead of 22mm original. :)
EDIT: oh yeah, i'm not using this particular set of bars, it's just a mock up. :)

dscn2395_135031071.jpg

dscn2394_135031120.jpg

I had some problems solving how to mount the seat, then i found this thing off an old chainsaw. It fits perfect! Going to weld it in place later on.

dscn2401_135032525.jpg

I did some extensions on the wiring, and soldered the wires to my new switches.
I also did some random grinding and polishing on stuff. But now it will take two weeks until next time. :(

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I think they will look even better when black and not as bent. Stay tuned. ;)

So, after a long period (two weeks!) of not doing any work due to my exams, I finally got to tinker with my bike again.

On the to-do list I had: make seat and tank mounts.

This is what I came up with:

dscn2412_138374759.jpg

Since I don't have alot of time on my hands until spring, I made a bracket to sit on the mounts already on the frame. This will work until I find the time to do some more work on the rear. Planning on lowering the tubes later on.

dscn2417_138375595.jpg

And this is how I solved the tank issue. It's just a mock-up of how it will be mounted in the front. But it sits tight and should work. (Argh, I know, I have to do something about those rusty bolts.)

dscn2419_138375700.jpg

Hopefully, I will get my forks finished within two weeks, from then on it's downhill (uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill ;) ) .

So, another day in the garage.
:)

The bike is starting to come together, but still a long way from finished. Waiting for warmer days so I can start painting the important stuff. Already painted some of the things that wont show, just to protect it from surface rust. But nothing fancy and no pics, sorry.

I also cleared out the tank from the small amount of rust inside, same method as earlier with oxalic acid. Works like a charm.

I have a shopping list picked out for the rest of the stuff, and in about a week or two I will be able to pick most of it up. Also my seatcover is almost finished, just some touch up details, or thats what i've been told anyway. :)

Everything on the bike so far is done without welding, which wasn't my plan from the beginning, but since I could work it out without the weld (I don't own a mig or tig yet) that's what i'll go with for now. There's always tomorrow for my big dreams. :)

As for the name of the bike which I decided on earlier, el lobo, I came up with an idea. Let's see what you guys think: :)

The tank had some old emblems on it, i thought a while about having new ones machined, but then i decided to make them out of wood instead. I have a friend who will paint a wolf on them. Here they are, and where they go on the tank.

imag0207_140584704.jpg

imag0208_140584281.jpg

And yeah, I ordered a new helmet.
Gonna use the orange color to pick out the paint for the tank. :)

Bell-RT-Replica-61-Left_Right.jpg

(note that this is the same helmet, different colors on different sides)

i like that helmet, with the double look. when people do i double take on the orange helmet, turn your head and hit em with the black. theyll freakout cuz itll just make them be like wtf?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

So, I am thinking about making myself a suicide clutch with a jockey shifter.
Been looking around a while to spot some good ideas. Thought I would ask you aswell, any thoughts? Seen any good solutions?

Love those clean handlebars and the fact that "normal" people wont understand. :)

this is a honda rebel with a foot clutch. Think I will try something similiar but with a cleaner looking shifter. Seems fairly easy.

suicideclutch_141106784.jpg

Back