Bobber project in Sweden

I made a setup for a gocart i had like that, made it with one lever and the shifter linkage on the bottom, had it setup so that when you puled back the linkage for the shifter it actuated the clutch, worked both ways so you could up/downshift like a charm.

essentially it acted like a clutchless jockey shifter

when I had it tuned well it acted like a sequential box, just pull back and it would actuate the clutch then shifter...when it wasnt tuned well it acted like a turd.

wish I had some pics for ya but that was a while ago

bike is looking killer BTW, the ass end looks killer slammed down like that

That sounds really cool ahale. :) Not sure it's what i'm going for though, I'm planning on a foot-clutch, a little easier. I hope. :)

And thanks for the appreciating comments!

Now I have some more ideas I would like run by you and get some input on.
I found a 21" front tire from an yz125 with the same axle size. The problem is it got a drum-brake. How much will it affect the braking if I switch to the drum-brake instead of the disc?
I'm thinking it's worth it since the xs is fairly light.

I think it would look cool with a 21" front spoked and 16"rear. It's pretty cheap, so maybe I'll just buy it and see what happens. Also thought about making moon discs for the rear. Maybe something like this:
XS650_01-550x343.jpg

Appearently there's a fruit plate over at Ikea that fits with some fab-work. :) haha.
Have so many ideas but not enough time or money to make them all happen at once. So bare with me, it's just nice to write it down so I don't forget. :)

Also got a pic on the progress on the seat-cover. :)
2011-04-06_16-08-24_141575277.jpg

can't beat Ikea :thumbsup:
got some good ideas there, i seen a take on the old "bacon slicer" where they are fitted around the circumerence of the spoked wheel!

Awesome,
don't know why, but it makes me think of TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles. :)

Haha, drewpy, it seems you went crazy on youtube today. :D
great finds. :bike:

Just to let you know, I finished my project in school. Exhausted.
It's 1 am and i've been working all day programming a *bleep* database. On a saturday? Why?

So I can go work on my bike tomorrow. Yeah!

Ok, so a small update.

Almost done painting all the stuff, black on black. The tank is left, gonna have to get the color for it first. :)

Also mounted my new handlebars.
dscn2420_142335270.jpg

I found an old clutch lever laying around, also an old mx part. with a on the fly adjuster. :) haha, like I need one of those on this bike. But it looks cool. Another cool thing about it is its flexibility. It bends in all directions.

dscn2423_142335297.jpg
dscn2424_142335310.jpg

Which is pretty neat on a dirt bike.
Hopefully I won't have to see it work first hand. :thumbsup:

That's it for today.
be back friday with more pics. Hopefully a roller! :bike:

yup, those bars look really cool, im really digging the mx style bars, may have to look in to a set for mine.

what color are you going to paint the tank?

Hey ho, not a go.
Seems I have to learn to do a constant wheelie since my front end never comes on :)

But anyhow, got some stuff done.

Finished the seat, looks ok for an old leather jacket. :) And maybe the text should be more on the bottom, but hey, it works for me as it is.
imag0219_143010466.jpg

imag0218_143010442.jpg

Since the latest trend here on the forum is to flip the headlight-mounts to get it lower, I had to follow. The horn however came in the way of the wiring and I flipped it. Sure it's gonna bite me in the ass when I put on the forks, but then I will just bend it up a bit. :)
imag0223_143010590.jpg

Ok, see if you can figure out what this is?
imag0231_143010629.jpg

It's the mount for the tank. A strap is put around the frame and the I bolted a hook to it. It pulls the tank down and keeps it steady. :) I also had some issues with the old "crane" (petcock), tried to get it in order, but decided to see if my local moped-dealer had one. 10$ spent and a days worth of work saved. :)

I also bought new grips, throttle and mirror.
imag0232_143010692.jpg

I snapped the gas-wire right off, the thing was hanging on by a thread. Poor bastard. But I really like the new gear. :thumbsup:

when I ordered I got two pair of grips. this is what I did with the other pair:
imag0234_143010746.jpg

I think i'm going to let someone paint the tank for me instead. The same orange as in the helmet ahale. :) Save me some time. :) Getting closer for every day now, I can almost feel the wind. :)

See ya.

I like that little mirror too. A while ago I ordered some mirrors with 5" stalks thinking that sounded a lot smaller than stock, but I didn't actually measure anything first. Now that I see them on my bike I think they are still too big.

I want to see the front wheel on there!

I bought it from a dealer here in sweden, it's 3". don't know the brand though, but you should be able to pick something simlilar up just about anywhere.
U6-06-8116.jpg

haha, yeah. That front wheel is taking too long I know. :) It's almost the last thing to do, but still annoying. :) Finished most of the wiring on the bike today, everything works. :bike: just need to connect the taillight and indicators.

And here's a tip for you!
A few weeks ago I bought some fork-gaitors. But instead of buying the "real deal" I bought steering-gear covers that look exactly the same and are alot cheaper. just cut them in the right place to get that snug fit. :thumbsup:
72-280_l.jpg

Guess what, I've got a roller. :)

But to keep you on hold I'll first show you how I solved the indicator-button-problem.
imag0256_144074984.jpg

Really happy with how it turned out.

So, for the complete bike. Did a ton of things today, so I'll just post a few pics and you'll see for yourself. Nothing new really, except for the tail light maybe. :)

I changed the oil in the forks, that'll do for now and I'll see how she handles first.

Had a harsh time painting the rear fender. Last time I was about to lay down the last layer, didn't really think and used another brand of paint. This resulted in a bubbly look, (paint-herpes). Had to remove all the paint and start over today. But got it finished in time. The tank will get painted in the beginning of next week hopefully. :)

imag0244_144075172.jpg

imag0241_144075088.jpg

imag0251_144075870.jpg

imag0249_144075635.jpg

imag0258_144076110.jpg

imag0253_144076078.jpg

yeah.

The gear shifter boots look great; I can't tell the difference. It looks like a whole new bike put together; now get that tank done!

Back