Bobber project in Sweden

That sounds really cool ahale. :) Not sure it's what i'm going for though, I'm planning on a foot-clutch, a little easier. I hope. :)

And thanks for the appreciating comments!

Now I have some more ideas I would like run by you and get some input on.
I found a 21" front tire from an yz125 with the same axle size. The problem is it got a drum-brake. How much will it affect the braking if I switch to the drum-brake instead of the disc?
I'm thinking it's worth it since the xs is fairly light.

I think it would look cool with a 21" front spoked and 16"rear. It's pretty cheap, so maybe I'll just buy it and see what happens. Also thought about making moon discs for the rear. Maybe something like this:
XS650_01-550x343.jpg

Appearently there's a fruit plate over at Ikea that fits with some fab-work. :) haha.
Have so many ideas but not enough time or money to make them all happen at once. So bare with me, it's just nice to write it down so I don't forget. :)

Also got a pic on the progress on the seat-cover. :)
2011-04-06_16-08-24_141575277.jpg

can't beat Ikea :thumbsup:
got some good ideas there, i seen a take on the old "bacon slicer" where they are fitted around the circumerence of the spoked wheel!

Awesome,
don't know why, but it makes me think of TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles. :)

Haha, drewpy, it seems you went crazy on youtube today. :D
great finds. :bike:

Just to let you know, I finished my project in school. Exhausted.
It's 1 am and i've been working all day programming a *bleep* database. On a saturday? Why?

So I can go work on my bike tomorrow. Yeah!

Ok, so a small update.

Almost done painting all the stuff, black on black. The tank is left, gonna have to get the color for it first. :)

Also mounted my new handlebars.
dscn2420_142335270.jpg

I found an old clutch lever laying around, also an old mx part. with a on the fly adjuster. :) haha, like I need one of those on this bike. But it looks cool. Another cool thing about it is its flexibility. It bends in all directions.

dscn2423_142335297.jpg
dscn2424_142335310.jpg

Which is pretty neat on a dirt bike.
Hopefully I won't have to see it work first hand. :thumbsup:

That's it for today.
be back friday with more pics. Hopefully a roller! :bike:

yup, those bars look really cool, im really digging the mx style bars, may have to look in to a set for mine.

what color are you going to paint the tank?

Hey ho, not a go.
Seems I have to learn to do a constant wheelie since my front end never comes on :)

But anyhow, got some stuff done.

Finished the seat, looks ok for an old leather jacket. :) And maybe the text should be more on the bottom, but hey, it works for me as it is.
imag0219_143010466.jpg

imag0218_143010442.jpg

Since the latest trend here on the forum is to flip the headlight-mounts to get it lower, I had to follow. The horn however came in the way of the wiring and I flipped it. Sure it's gonna bite me in the ass when I put on the forks, but then I will just bend it up a bit. :)
imag0223_143010590.jpg

Ok, see if you can figure out what this is?
imag0231_143010629.jpg

It's the mount for the tank. A strap is put around the frame and the I bolted a hook to it. It pulls the tank down and keeps it steady. :) I also had some issues with the old "crane" (petcock), tried to get it in order, but decided to see if my local moped-dealer had one. 10$ spent and a days worth of work saved. :)

I also bought new grips, throttle and mirror.
imag0232_143010692.jpg

I snapped the gas-wire right off, the thing was hanging on by a thread. Poor bastard. But I really like the new gear. :thumbsup:

when I ordered I got two pair of grips. this is what I did with the other pair:
imag0234_143010746.jpg

I think i'm going to let someone paint the tank for me instead. The same orange as in the helmet ahale. :) Save me some time. :) Getting closer for every day now, I can almost feel the wind. :)

See ya.

I like that little mirror too. A while ago I ordered some mirrors with 5" stalks thinking that sounded a lot smaller than stock, but I didn't actually measure anything first. Now that I see them on my bike I think they are still too big.

I want to see the front wheel on there!

I bought it from a dealer here in sweden, it's 3". don't know the brand though, but you should be able to pick something simlilar up just about anywhere.
U6-06-8116.jpg

haha, yeah. That front wheel is taking too long I know. :) It's almost the last thing to do, but still annoying. :) Finished most of the wiring on the bike today, everything works. :bike: just need to connect the taillight and indicators.

And here's a tip for you!
A few weeks ago I bought some fork-gaitors. But instead of buying the "real deal" I bought steering-gear covers that look exactly the same and are alot cheaper. just cut them in the right place to get that snug fit. :thumbsup:
72-280_l.jpg

Guess what, I've got a roller. :)

But to keep you on hold I'll first show you how I solved the indicator-button-problem.
imag0256_144074984.jpg

Really happy with how it turned out.

So, for the complete bike. Did a ton of things today, so I'll just post a few pics and you'll see for yourself. Nothing new really, except for the tail light maybe. :)

I changed the oil in the forks, that'll do for now and I'll see how she handles first.

Had a harsh time painting the rear fender. Last time I was about to lay down the last layer, didn't really think and used another brand of paint. This resulted in a bubbly look, (paint-herpes). Had to remove all the paint and start over today. But got it finished in time. The tank will get painted in the beginning of next week hopefully. :)

imag0244_144075172.jpg

imag0241_144075088.jpg

imag0251_144075870.jpg

imag0249_144075635.jpg

imag0258_144076110.jpg

imag0253_144076078.jpg

yeah.

The gear shifter boots look great; I can't tell the difference. It looks like a whole new bike put together; now get that tank done!

what do you guys think about the way the tank is mounted now? (pics on previous page)
it's mounted that way because the pet-cock was in the way. :( thought about moving it, but since I wanted to ride I took the wise decision to postpone it to the future. :)

but looking at it now, it doesn't look all that bad. I also bought a bicycle-computer to use instead of those huge gauges which makes the tank look better. Think i'm gonna stick with it and fill in the hole at the front. :) but please give me your take on it!

Last edited:
Back