Brisk Bike performance spark plugs - anyone tried them on the xs400?

I don't know about $40 for a set but if someone want to try them than go for it. I know that going to a set of iridium plugs and indexing them makes a noticeable change from stock so ya never know.

Swapped to iridium plugs over the summer and using a 0 ohm plug cap and am happy with the easier startup but didn't see any performance increase. I'm hoping xschris could provide some details on "indexing". Thanks.

Indexing is having the open part of the spark plug facing the valves to create and better flow and burn in the combustion chamber. Some plugs will be close without using shims and some will use up to three. I have done this with all my bikes and have noticed better starts and fuel economy. I ran my 79 with stock plugs for 10 years so I know how it felt. After the plug change I could tell the difference, but that me:shrug: The first pic is non-indexed last is after.

Attachments

• DSC01782.jpg
    DSC01782.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC01783.jpg
    DSC01783.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC01784.jpg
    DSC01784.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC01785.jpg
    DSC01785.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 139
Its a old race car hot rod thing. Some people have seen small but crucial power gains on a dyno, witch can mean a race:)

Back