Broken Clutch Lever

Joshwuh

XS Student
Reaction score
It rained yesterday and as I was pulling into my driveway my front wheel hit a wet/oil spot and my bike got laid down. Clutch lever snapped where it bolts into the clamp. I'm attempting to super glue it but have failed twice already due to impatience. Because there's no airflow to the glue on the inside of the joint it takes a long time to dry. Currently, I have it re-glued and am waiting for it to properly dry - however long that's going to take? However, I was wondering if anyone knows a quick fix or solution to get me through the day and tomorrow because I have to work at 6am and this is currently my only mode or transportation. I was thinking that worst case scenario I can just put the lever back on and let it dangle and still clutch enough to shift. Anyone have any other ideas?

Glue isn't going to work too well. Drill a hole in each broken piece and put a small plate across and bolt them together... and then go buy a new one.

Thanks for the ideas. I just put back on and rode some errands and it seemed to be alright. If anything I'll probably get some JB weld since I only need it to work til tomorrow after work then I can go buy another one.

@drewpy - the whole handle broke off from the part that inserts into the slot and pivots so unfortunately a jubilee clip wouldn't hold it :-(

Again thanks for the input guys! Greatly appreciated.

Back