1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Clutch Lever/Perch Gap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hasty, Sep 22, 2022 at 3:54 PM.

1. Hasty

Hasty 1982 Maxim XS400

Ottawa
    My clutch lever doesn't seem to really fit the perch (see picture), but looking at the OEM parts for both separately, they look exactly like what I have. Is this just how they are supposed to fit together or did the PO switch one of these out for a wrong part?

Pretty sure the correct OEM perch is 11H-82911-00 (e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363888331432) and the lever is the same as Motion Pro 14-0510 (https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-brake-lever-14-0510b).

Attached Files:

2. tstidham

tstidham XS400 Enthusiast

My 78 was purchased pre-dropped with some damage, and the clutch lever was bent. I just replaced it with a mikesxs replacement but i still have the bent one. I'll measure the distance from the bolt hole to the top so you can see if it's the lever or perch, provided a year difference didn't change it. Yours does look like the factory perch though.

Attached Files:

3. Hasty

Hasty 1982 Maxim XS400

Ottawa
    Thanks for coming through "in the clutch" tstidham. Mine measures the same as what you have pictured, but maybe that's the problem if they did change between 79 and 82. They do seem to have different OEM part numbers on Partzilla for the different years. Probably my best bet is to just get a combo lever/perch set I suppose

tstidham likes this.